Workshops & Talks 🎤
Michi gave a few talks this month!
- A workshop for the ChainLink spring hackathon
- An introduction to ink! for Supercolony's Wasm Conference (wasm-conference.com)
- We'll update this with a link to the recording once it's uploaded!
awesome-ink Repository 🤩
Following popular demand we've created https://github.com/paritytech/awesome-ink ‒ a curated list of awesome projects related to ink!.
The ink! playground has been published at https://ink-playground.substrate.io!
It's handy for a couple of things. For example:
- You want to experiment with developing a contract without having to set up Rust locally.
- You run into an error and want to share a permalink to a code example, so that somebody can help you find the issue. This can be very helpful in case you post a question e.g. on our StackExchange site.
For ink! we released v3.1.0, and v3.2.0.
cargo-contract we released
v1.3.0 and v1.4.0.
The release notes contain more details.
The Polkadot v0.9.22 release brought with it some exciting changes for the Contracts pallet. The release includes a fix for a possible PoV attack vector.
The tl;dr here is that
pallet-contracts can be safely added to your production runtimes
(although it would probably have been fine before too, on Kusama anyways 😉).
We have included this fix as part of the v0.16.0
release of the
The URL to this portal changed
It's now available at https://use.ink.
Canvas Testnet ➜ Contracts Testnet
We've renamed our "Canvas" testnet to "Contracts" testnet. More information about the background for this can be found in last months digest.
Berlin Work Session 🇩🇪
Part of the team met up with our valued contributor @xgreenx in Berlin to talk about ink!.
In particular, the session focused on an upcoming refactoring of the ink! storage system (PR #1217) which Green is actively working on.